Laguna Niguel Triathlon 5K/10K & 1K Kid’s Run
Laguna Niguel Triathlon Run – February 3rd, 2013
Event Details & Maps
Event date/time: Sunday, February 17th, 2013
Start time: 7:00am
Event Location: Crown Valley Community Park
· Packet Pickup & Fitness Expo – Parking is available at Crown Valley Community Park at no cost.
· Race Day – Parking is available at Crown Valley Community Park until 6:00AM on Event Day. Additional parking is available at Laguna Niguel City Hall at no cost.
Pre-Race Fitness Expo & Athlete Packet Pickup: Saturday, February 16th, 2013 from 9AM – 4PM
Location: Crown Valley Community Park, 29751 Crown Valley Parkway, Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
At Packet Pick you will receive the following:
· Goodie Bag with promotional items
· Timing Chip (to be worn on your ankle at all times during the race for accurate time)
· Race Bib
· Wristband (You will need this to get into Transition Area on Race Day)
· Event Shirt
Course Talks: Saturday, February 16th. 10AM & 1PM
We encourage you to attend one of the two Pre-race talks—especially if you are unfamiliar with the area, you are relatively new to the sport or this is your first Triathlon.
- Triathlon Coach Russ Jones will review Course specifics and answer any questions you might have.
- USA Triathlon Head Referee, Eric Davidson, will give a brief discussion of the Rules of Triathlon.
This USA Triathlon sanctioned event is a Reverse Sprint distance triathlon consisting of a 5K run, 17K bike ride and 150 meter swim; the event also features a Duathlon (5K Run, 17K Bike & 5K Run) and runners of all capabilities will enjoy the 5K, 10K & 1 Kids running events. All athletes will start & finish at Crown Valley Community Park and compete on the same course.
The run course will take athletes on the trails through Crown Valley Community Park and Laguna Niguel Regional Park and back to the Park. 5K Runners will finish, 10K Runners will complete a second lap and Triathletes & Duathletes will transition onto their bikes on the soccer field then complete the bike course. The bike lane and adjacent lane of Crown Valley Parkway, Niguel Road, Alicia Parkway, Aliso Creek Road and La Paz Road will be used for the 17 kilometer bike segment on the streets of Laguna Niguel. Athletes must complete two laps of this 8.5K route. Duathletes will return to the Run Course to complete another 5K as Triathletes complete the 150 Meter Swim portion in the pool at the Crown Valley Community Park.
Weekend Event Schedule:
Saturday, February 16th
· 9AM – Arrive to Packet Pick Up and visit Expo Vendors
· 10AM – Course Talk with Russ Jones & USAT Official, Eric Davidson
· 1PM – Course Talk with Russ Jones & USAT Official, Eric Davidson
· 4PM – Packet Pick up & Fitness Expo ends.
Sunday, February 17th
· 5:30AM – VIP Packet Pickup or Race Day Packet Pickup available ($15)
· 5:30AM – Transition Area opens. Bike Racks will be marked by age group.
· 6:45AM – Pre-Race Updates, Announcements & National Anthem by Katherine Cotter
· 7AM – Race Starts. All athletes (except for Kids 1K will begin at the same time.)
· 7:05AM – Kids 1K Starts
· 8:0AM – Awards for 5K, 10K & Kids 1K
· 9:00AM – Bike Course closes.
· 9:30AM – Awards for Triathlon & Duathlon
· 10:00AM – Event ends
Transition Area & Swim Course Maps: Click Here for Map
Run Course Map: Click Here for Map
The bike portion is a 17 kilometers on the streets of Laguna Niguel. Athletes must complete two laps of this 8.5K route.
Bike Course Map: Click Here for Map
The swim portion will take place in the pool at the Crown Valley Community Park.
The Youth Registration category is NOT a separate race event! This category is offered to provide a discount for those between the ages of 15-19.
Runners of all capabilities will enjoy the 5K, 10K or 1K Kid’s Run. Runners will start at the same time as Triathletes and use the same course.
Sponsorship & Advertising – Packages of all levels are available. Email us: email@example.com
*PLEASE Note: The Youth Registration category is NOT a separate race event! This category is offered to provide a discount for those between the ages of 15-19.
|Before 12/31||1/1 – 1/31||2/1 – 2/14|
|Youth Triathlon Relay||105||115||125|
Registration Policy: Registration is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Rules: Here are some guidelines to help you; it is the responsibility of all athletes to understand and follow the exact USAT regulations.
Q. Can someone else pick up my race packet?
A. Yes, however, this is highly discouraged. An Authorization Letter and a copy of both your Driver’s License & USAT Membership (1-Day Pass/Annual Membership) is required.
Q. Could I bring my bike and gear to Packet Pick up?
A: No, bring your bike and gear on Race Day
Q. What do I bring on Race Day
A. Here is a handy guide that USA Triathlon suggests: Race Day Checklist
Q: Do I need a wetsuit?
A: Though commonly worn for speed and safety, it is not recommended for this event as the swim segment takes place in a heated pool. For information, read USA Triathlon Rule 4.4.
Q. Where do I leave my gear for each segment of the race?
A. All equipment and/or gear should be kept next to/below your bike. The transition area is a secure area enclosed by fencing and/or bike racks that will be supervised by the Transition Area Coordinator, race staff and volunteers.
Q: Will there be cars on the bike course?
A: No, this is a closed bike course; however, you should remain attentive and be aware of your surroundings to insure your safety.
Q: Will there be Aid Stations on the Course?
A: There are two Aid Stations on the Run Course and no Aid Stations on the Bike Course.
Event Policy: Go Forward Racing coordinates with multiple municipalities, government and private entities; as such, all events dates/times may be subject to postponement, rescheduling, cancellation and additional events may be added at the discretion of Go Forward Racing, Inc.