Halloween Half Marathon 5K/10K & 1K Kid’s Run
October 27th, 2013
13.1 Mi. Run | 5K Run | 10K Run | 1K Kid’s Run
Event schedule and times
* Packet Pickup: Saturday October 26th, 2013
Time: 11AM – 4PM
Location: Road Runner Sports in Laguna Hills | (949) 855-9252
Oakbrook Village Shopping Center, 24291 Avenida De La Carlota, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
**Stop by Road Runner Sports in Laguna Hills to pick up your San Juan Hills Trail Run race packet, to purchase your last-minute race gear and for a chance to win a FREE pair of shoes
* Race Day – Sunday, October 27th, 2013. All races start at 8:00AM, Kid’s 1K 8:15AM
Location: Salt Creek Beach Park, 33333 S. Pacific Coast Highway, Dana Point, California
Salt Creek Beach Park will be a spooktacular venue for this Halloween-themed event! The event will feature a Half Marathon, 5K/10K & 1K Kid’s Run. All participants are invited to run in costume and enjoy other Halloween related activities. Look for tricks or treats at the venue or on the trail! Age group and several costume category awards will be given out!
With a perfect blend of sandy beaches, large grass areas and recreational trails and serves as the start & finish line. All races use the Salt Creek Regional Corridor Trail; the trail is concrete and blacktop and even offers several stretches with softer terrain next to it.
• Chip Timing for fast & accurate results
• Awards will be given out for top 3 in each age group
• Post-race food will be available
• Limited edition “tech” shirt Offered until 10/15. Registrations after this date will receive cotton event shirt.
• Finishers Medals provided for Half Marathon & Kid’s 1K events
• The Half-Marathon is a two loop course; participants of the 10K will complete one loop while the 5K participants complete 1/2 of the first loop. The Kid’s 1K Run is a flat out and back on the same trail that Half Marathoner and the 5K/10k will use.
• This is a scenic course that will offer beginning and experienced runners a challenge! Runners can expect to see amazing canyon views and will look forward to the Pacific Ocean on the way back to the finish line. Aid stations are approximately 1 to 1.5 miles apart and will have water, sports hydration drinks and other “tricks or treats”.
• IMPORTANT: The entire race takes place on the Salt Creek Regional Corridor Path. At no point, should you leave the trail or end up on/along or crossing any surface streets. We will have volunteers and signs along the course to insure that you stay on the trail. However, it is your responsibility to review the course maps.
Time Limit: There is no time limit however, the event ends and official times from the Timing company will only be given out until 11:30am.
Run Course Map (click here for PDF)
Run Course Map (external link to Interactive map)
Pricing: Half-Marathon $99 | 10K $60 | 5K $40 | Kid’s 1K $15